Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 21.11.2016, 00:12
der1fuchs der1fuchs ist offline
Neuer Benutzer

Standard AW: fibromyxoid sarcoma

Hello AHB,

I have had a LGFMS in the right thigh in 2004. although it was removed with wide clear margins i got a local recurrence in 2016. The recurrece was only about 2,7 cm and resected with wide clear margins.
Over the years i learned that the LGFMS grows very slowly and shows a very less mitotic and proliferation activity. Therefore it is not very sensitive for chemo or radiation therapy.
My doctors told me that the the only way to handle the LGFMS is the resection of local recurrence and distant metastasis in the lungs with wide clear margins

Maybe a target therapy based on pazopanib etc. can give us advantages in future.

One point is very important. Local recurrences as well as distant metastasis can occur very late in the clnical course (after 20 years). Therefore a detailed follow up is important.

Last year a lump was also detected in my lung. Everyone thought that it would be a metastasis after 11 years from the LGFMS. Now we learned, that it was something else, which is benigne and therefore not dangerous.

Best wishs for all of you.